AudioStar handbox controller
The AudioStar computer controller with speaker helps you quickly find and GoTo over 30,000 objects in the night sky. With the AudioStar Controller plugged into your Meade telescope the astronomical universe is in the palm of your hand. Never before has such powerful telescope technology been so easy to operate, even by the most casual observer. Coiled cord and instructions included.
View planets, stars, galaxies, nebulae, comets and more-all at the push of a button. Don't know what you want to view this evening? Then go to the Tonight's Best™ tour in your AudioStar. It automatically selects the best objects in the sky for that particular time and location.
The Meade AudioStar handbox controller features audio files and an internal speaker. This amazing computerised celestial object locating system plugs into the telescope's handbox port allowing a quick telescope alignment.
Once aligned with the sky the AudioStar is ready to take you to any object in the over 30,000 object database. In addition to GOTO and tracking capability the AudioStar permits a wide array of fascinating and educational functions such as multiple Guided Tours, digital positional readouts, a database of up to 200 user-defined objects, 9-Speed dual-axis movement, the ability to link with a PC using optionally available software and cord, and much more.
The AudioStar controller provides all of the telescope control functions of the previous AutoStar handboxes but adds unique Astronomer Inside digital audio software and a speaker built into the AudioStar body that can provide you with more than four hours of fascinating and professionally-recorded audio descriptions of the objects you are observing. With Astronomer Inside technology, everyone around your telescope can listen and learn about more than 500 of the celestial objects contained in the AudioStar database, including planets, nebulas, star clusters, the Moon, and much more. Astronomer Inside puts the experience and astronomical knowledge of a professional astronomer in the palm of your hand.
Included in the AudioStar’s database are all of the following 30,000+ astronomical objects and stars – a range of objects certain to keep even the most active amateur astronomer growing in his or her studies of the skies for years:
- the complete Index Catalog (IC), containing 5,386 galaxies, nebulas, and star clusters of all types;
- the complete New General Catalog (NGC), containing 7,840 galaxies, nebulas, and star clusters of all types;
- the complete Messier catalog of 110 Messier (M) objects, the best-known catalog of heavenly showpieces for the amateur astronomer;
- the 109 objects of the Caldwell Catalog, a new listing of the best objects for small telescopes that expands the Messier catalog;
- 16,800 stars from the Smithsonian Astrophysical Observatory (SAO) catalog, including double stars, variable stars, and other stars of special note;
- 50 Earth-orbiting satellites, 26 asteroids (including all of the brightest asteroids), 15 periodic comets, and the 8 major planets from Mercury to Pluto.
Carries full one year UK warranty by Opticstar Ltd on behalf of Meade Instruments Corp.